The builder of the Ostankino church was the serf Prince of M. Ya. Cherkassky stone affairs master Pavel Sidorovich Potekhin, who comes from the village of Kadnitsa, Nizhny Novgorod, the author of a number of interesting monuments such as the churches in the Moscow manors in Markov and Uryupin, and the Ostrovozersky monastery in Worms.
Now you will get acquainted with the description of the article in English, prepared by the editorial SKACHAT-BESPLATNO.INFO. If the information was useful, please share the link below, using the share button!
The construction of the temple with its two chapels lasted about 14 years, beginning in 1678. The main building was completed in 1863, and then the northern Tikhvin side-chapel served as a house church was consecrated; the southern side-chapel of Alexander Svirsky was consecrated only in 1691, and the central part of the temple - in 1692.
Usually the interior decoration of the church and the carvings of the iconostasis were given in succession to other masters already after the construction of the temple was completed. This explains the large intervals between the end of construction and the consecration of the church. The most demanding work was demanded by the magnificent carved iconostasis of the main church, so the central part of the church was finished later than the chapels.
The church in Ostankino represents a typical type of Moscow architecture of that time type of a temple without walls, covered with a closed vault and consisting of three parts: a central and two small side-chapels on the sides. It is, in fact, three churches: the big and the two small ones. According to the basic form of volumes, all three churches are the same. These are square prisms, covered with steps of magnificent "kokoshniks" leading to the five-domed cathedral above the large temple and one-headed over the smaller one.
The building is placed on a high ground floor - a podlet, which gives it, with its elegant proportions, even more slenderness and grace. Just like the outer covered staircases with creeping sprouts of sprouts, the podklet reproduces the main elements in the chorus of the 17th century. Initially the podklet served as a storage room, and in the 20th century a winter church was built in its middle part.
The extensive gallery-porch on the west side serves as a unifying element of the composition. Each of the three parts has its own entrance: modest portals lead to the side chapels and more magnificent to the central part of the temple.
Additionally, you can read and download for free the topic: The Church of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary in Pechat ...
Free download without registration finished essay on the topic:
Посмотреть онлайн файл: church.docx
ABSTRACT ON THIS TOPIC DOWNLOAD FROM THE SITE SKACHAT-BESPLATNO.INFO IN TAS-IX! MORE ABSTRACTS, COURSE AND DIPLOMATIC WORKS FOR SKACHAT-BESPLATNO.INFO