In the center of St. Petersburg, at the widest point of the Neva Current, on the small Hare Island, the bastions of the Peter and Paul Fortress towering.
The fortress is the same age as the city. Previously there was a marshy place. Russian soldiers, fired in the battles of the Northern War with the army of the Swedish king, in 1703 came to the banks of the Neva near the Gulf of Finland. It was necessary to create powerful fortifications in these deserted places.
The price of life and health of thousands of soldiers and "working people" the fortress was built with "great haste." In the center of the fortress stood a wooden cross-shaped church. The church was lit in the name of the apostles Peter and Paul. Next to the church was the Senate, the shop.
In the walls of the fortress was located and the main pharmacy-the best in the country on the assortment of medicines.
Now you will get acquainted with the description of the article in English, prepared by the editorial SKACHAT-BESPLATNO.INFO. If the information was useful, please share the link below, using the share button!
On the square to the south of the church stood the guardhouse building. In May 1706, work began to replace the earth (curtains) stone walls. This construction lasted about 35 years. In the curtains were built gates: Petrovsky, Nevsky, Vasilievsky, Nikolsky and Kronverkskie. The Neva curtain facing Nevsky has a height of 12 meters and a thickness of 2.5 meters; up to 4 meters thick thickness Gosudarev and Naryshkinsky bastions.
It was from the Naryshkinsky bastion that a cannon shot rolled over the city every day, signaling the arrival of noon.
Over the years, the brick walls of the fortress were dilapidated, its outward appearance no longer harmonized with the beautiful buildings built on the banks of the Neva in the second half of the 18th century. The fortified walls facing the Neva were solved, for seven hundred meters they were faced with granite, and this work, which gave the fortress its modern look, was completed in 1787. "Stone-clad" bastions in 1790 were adorned with round booths hanging on stone consoles.
Additionally, you can read and download for free the topic: Trinity Church
Free download without registration finished essay on the topic:
Посмотреть онлайн файл: petr.docx
ABSTRACT ON THIS TOPIC DOWNLOAD FROM THE SITE SKACHAT-BESPLATNO.INFO IN TAS-IX! MORE ABSTRACTS, COURSE AND DIPLOMATIC WORKS FOR SKACHAT-BESPLATNO.INFO